Your Character in Hero is the main protagonist of the "Hero" series.
Although his/her default name is "Alex", the player can choose to name him/her as they wish. The player can also choose the gender of their character.
Your appearance is customizable according to the player's preferences.
Your Character cares about their friends and is very skilled at their job as Prescott Industries' executive assistant. It is also implied they have a strong sense of justice given that they use their powers to fight crime instead of personal gain. They can choose to fight crime casually or be brutal against the Criminals and Supervillains.
After discovering that you're from another dimension, you become extremely depressed and start shutting people out, refusing to leave your apartment, and making up excuses such as being sick.
In the Book 1 finale, you are willing to sacrifice yourself so that others can live.
Your Character is Grayson's executive assistant and one of his closest friends. It is mentioned that you went to college together. In Chapter 1, you can choose to kiss him at the gala.
Kenji Katsaros / Talos
Kenji is a part of your crime-fighting team. At first, you meet at a run-down bar in Northbridge, where Grayson lays off the project to you meaning that Kenji works for you. In Chapter 4, you can choose to kiss him while on a motorbike.
Eva / Minuet
Eva is another person on your crime-fighting team. She is first seen in Chapter 5, where if you decide to use diamonds and go find her, she will try and seduce you, only to later walk away and keep you trapped in time for a bit. However, in Chapter 11, you can choose to kiss her while at a bar.
Poppy is one of Your Character's best friends and it is mentioned they went to college together. They traditionally get dinner together every Monday night.
Dax and Your Character are friends and coworkers. He builds gadgets for your war on crime.
They immediately have a hostile encounter at the gala. In Book 1, Chapter 4, the player has the chance to take Shrapnel down casually or be brutal. Either way, he ends up in jail.
Silas Prescott is the big bad in Hero, Book 1, he is also responsible for most of the crime in Northbridge. At the end of the first book, you defeat him by destroying him in space. He is also Grayson's father.
Associates / Other Relationships:
Marjorie is one of Your Character's co-workers. However, she is their superior. Marjorie has a tendency to push Your Character around, and mock them at any given opportunity.
They originally had a negative relationship due to her hatred of Vigilantes. She labeled you as a criminal for your acts of Vigilantism and attempts to have you and Talos arrested. After you and Talos save her from Caleb, she starts to see you as heroes instead of villains.
At first Caleb worked for Shrapnel but then when he had had enough of his torment, he decided to leave and make a name for himself. Almost killing DA Meiko Katsaros in the process. But after being locked up by Silas Prescott in Chapter 14, your character has the chance to convince Caleb to help them in the final fight.
- Super-Strength: Your character so far has shown high levels of strength, such as stopping a moving truck, tossing heavier men than him/her at a great distance.
- Flight: Your character shows the ability to fly without outside help, flying high buildings to show a type of levitation, but at first he could not control its power, but advanced in full control at will, and can perform from very high jumps to a complete flight.
- Super-Endurance/Super-Durability: Your character so far, as effect of the Prism Crystal, has shown high levels of endurance and durability, resisting being burned, beaten, etc. This ability is passive, so it can not activate or deactivate it.
Gender and Face
Outfit Choices in Vol. 1
- Their options for costumes were most likely inspired by Batman and Superman.
- In Book 1, Chapter 2, it is mentioned that they wore braces when they were younger.
- In the same chapter mentioned above, it is mentioned by Rochelle that they are 25 years old.
- Your character is an alien from the prism dimension.