The Haunting of Braidwood Manor is the first and only book of The Haunting of Braidwood Manor series.
Do you dare spend the night in Braidwood Manor?
Chapter 1: Nightmares
Do you dare spend the night in Braidwood Manor?After having a haunting dream about your late brother, Jonathan, you decide to have Victor bring you to Braidwood Manor. Before you enter you have the choice to charge your phone in the car for 12 diamonds. When you enter, you get frightened by a boy and fall down the stairs.
Chapter 2: Out of Time
Your night in Braidwood Manor has only gotten stranger...When you gain consciousness you meet Eleanor's ghost, the eldest of the Waverley children. She allows you to stay as long as you do not tell her siblings that they are dead. You start hearing strange sounds coming from behind a locked basement door. Eleanor warns you not to go there.
Chapter 3: Lock and Key
What's behind the locked door in Braidwood Manor?You find out that you need 4 keys to unlock the door and each Waverley child has one key. You catch a moth with Simon in exchange for his key. You write poetry with Clarissa in exchange for her key. You walk around the manor grounds with Eleanor and you may choose to become romantic with her. She takes you to a graveyard and reveals that her mother's body is not in her tomb, and that she hates her mother.
Chapter 4: Behind Closed Doors
Only two keys remain... but getting them won't be easy.You play the piano with Thomas and finally earn his respect. In return, he gives you his key. You may either devise a plan to use Simon to steal Eleanor's key or you may steal it while she is sleeping (implied that you spent the night together). You open the door and find the terrifying ghost of Rose Waverley, Eleanor's mother.
Chapter 5: Secrets
You've finally found what lies beyond the locked door... but will you live to tell the tale?Eleanor becomes angry that you disobeyed her rules and kicks you out of her world. You convince her to bring you back in by apologising to her. You witness the ghost trying to attack Eleanor and the siblings, the siblings become aware that they are ghosts themselves.
Chapter 6: Confessions
You're close to solving the mystery of Braidwood Manor... all you have to do is survive.You convince Eleanor to tell you her secret in return for yours. This becomes powerful enough to destroy Rose Waverley's ghost. Jonathan moves forward into the next world and you part on good terms, he forgives you. You may choose to let Eleanor's ghost move on to death or bring her back to life. If you do so you bring her back to Hartfeld campus and she enrolls as a student. If you don't romance Eleanor it is implied that you get together with Victor instead, having finally found peace with yourself.
- Pixelberry brought out a new genre - "horror" with this book. In the in-game menu, however, it is listed under the "Mystery" heading. In an October, 2017 update, it is listed under both "Solve the Mystery" and "Spooky Thrills".
- Kaitlyn, Zack and Tyler, characters of "The Freshman" and "The Sophomore series, make cameo appearances in Chapter 6.
- This is currently the shortest complete story in Choices.
- It is currently the only story in Choices that is a one-shot and is not a planned series.
- The success of The Haunting of Braidwood Manor led to the release of It Lives In The Woods the following year. Learning from feedback for Braidwood, Pixelberry upped the ante for the new offering.