The Elementalists is the first and thus far only book of the The Elementalists series.
Magick. Mystery. Mayhem. Your adventure at Penderghast College is about to begin.
Chapter 1: Open Enrollment
Freshman year is nothing like you hoped it would be, but your entire world is about to change in ways you never imagined.
Chapter 2: The Exam
Now that you're at Penderghast, it's time to put your powers to test!
Chapter 3: Spellbound
Grab your book bag! Will you survive your first class of Penderghast?
Chapter 4: Judgement Day
Time to face the music. How will your first meeting with the Dean go?
Chapter 5: Trouble Brewing
It isn't a regular day at Penderghast if you don't get some foreboding news.
Chapter 6: Ill Omens
Throw on your jersey! Are you ready for some magickal sports?
Chapter 7: Office Hours
Professor Swan is finally willing to give you some answers, but will you really get the truth?
Chapter 8: Night Magick
Study hard, play hard. The December solstice is here and a party awaits!
Chapter 9: Dark Secrets
Mysteries abound. Will you do what it takes to get some answers?
Chapter 10: Smoke and Mirrors
It's the fight of your life! Will your powers hold up against this threat?
Chapter 11: Double Double
You've just made a startling discovery about your past, but what does this mean for your future at Penderghast?
Chapter 12: Toil and Trouble
You're ready to sneak around and investigate, but some shocking news leaves you unsure who to trust.
Chapter 13: In the Dark
Secrets abound as you struggle to master your magick.
What awaits you in the tower?
There are ten significant items throughout the book. Collect them all and unlock a special scene at the end of the book.
Your Character will be able to learn a series of spells throughout his/her first year at Penderghast College of Elemental Magicks. It is mentioned that completing your spellbook will make you top of the class and unlock a special bonus at the end of the story.
Pre-Book Sneak Peeks and Information
Information on the Attunements for Your Character
Information on Blood Magick & Raife Highmore
- On September 7, 2018 it was confirmed during an Instagram livestream in honor of Veil of Secrets and The Royal Romance, Book 3 that one of the upcoming projects is a magic themed book and that this story is in the advanced stages of writing and development.
- Additionally at the end of the blog post for The Royal Romance, Book 3 Pixelberry teased this upcoming book by saying to stay tuned for a magical adventure coming out sometime in Fall 2018. 
- On September 13, 2018 more information was given about this upcoming book in the blog post for The Senior where it was teased that the player might just get the chance to study at the most prestigious magical university around. 
- It also mentions to stay tuned for possible sneak peeks in the upcoming months.
- It is theorized that perhaps this magic book will be Pixelberry adapting Magic School, which was a spin-off to Surviving High School and spanned four books from November 2012- August 23, 2014.
- However on October 11 2018, in response to a player on Twitter, PB answered that it will be something different and not an adaption of Magic School. 
- On September 24, 2018, Chelsa, one of the writers at Pixelberry hinted at this being the secret project she had previously teased to be working on earlier this year. 
- On September 25, 2018 the name for the book was revealed along with the confirmation that the player can choose MC's gender. 
- On October 5, 2018, Pixelberry teased that we'll be getting a release date for this book soon enough.
- On October 8, 2018, in the blogpost regarding High School Story: Class Act, Book 1, PB announced that they have some magical sneak peeks from The Elementalists brewing... 
- On October 10, 2018, a sneak peek was released, showing an acceptance letter and pointing out that our MC is a freshman.
- On October 12, 2018 the full book cover was unveiled along with the release date being Wednesday October 24, 2018. 
- On October 15, 2018 another sneak peek was released; this one being of courses offered at Penderghast College of Elemental Magicks. 
- On October 16, 2018 a sneak featuring the Faculty at Penderghast was released first on Pixelberry's Instagram account. 
- On October 17, 2018 a sneak peek was released, featuring a student who is a champion of a game called Thief, along with a reminder to sing up for the tryouts of this game.
- On October 18, 2018 a sneak peek was released, featuring Shreya Mistry, an incoming Freshman and future leader of Mistry Inc.
- On October 19, 2018 another sneak peek was released, featuring what items are allowed and what items are prohibited to bring into the Residence Halls. 
- On the same day the description of the first two chapters were released with Chapter 1 launching on Wednesday and Chapter 2 on Friday. After that, the book will update regularly on Fridays. 
- On October 22, 2018 the book trailer was released.
- This is the first book where you can decide your character's sexuality. You will be asked if you prefer men, women, don't have a preference, or aren't interested in a relationship.
- During its premiere on Wednesday October 24, 2018 several players reported yet another bug that prevented them from playing. 
- One of hairstyle choices in reference to Sure, Jan meme from The Brady Bunch Movie.
- On October 25, 2018 it was revealed that this book along with Bloodbound, Book 1 and It Lives Beneath have been placed under the new spooky thrills section in the app.
- Additionally, a sneak peek at the second chapter was released on this same day. 
- On October 26, 2018 a blog post featuring an interview with the writers for this book was released after the second chapter's release.
- Chelsa, revealed that this project had been a dream of hers ever since she started working at Pixelberry two years ago.
- Maya, another writer for this book talks about how Your Character is essentially pulled into a world that he/she didn't believe they could a part of at first. But it doesn't take long for your powers to start revealing themselves. She goes on to tease though, that if you didn't know you could do magick, what other mysteries about you have been hiding just beneath the surface?
- Chelsa talks about how with this book, there's a lot of new features and art, which includes the cool spell graphics and amazing new backgrounds. Which she teases are just the tip of the iceberg!
- Emi, another writer for the book also is excited for players to meet the main cast and watch them grow. She talks about how every good fantasy has a core group of friends fighting for what they believe in.
- Regarding the element attunement system, Chelsa discusses how she wanted to create something familiar, with all of the elements that fantasy fans love about (i.e. a fantasy school book), while also creating something that feels entirely new.
- Penderghast is set in our world, current day, but hidden. The Attuned understand technology, are involved in Attuneless politics, and live alongside the Attuneless...Though of course, they still have to keep magick a secret to maintain the status quo.
- Jessica opened up about how during Elementalists brainstorms, they all riffed on the premise of having a core something as the base for creating meaning, or in their case, magick.
- They settled on the classical elements as the foundation, and threw a few of their own into the mix as well.
- To perform magick, you have to channel the elements, and of course, everyone has an affinity to one or two -- kind of like having a college major, but also general education requirements!
- While building the Attunement quiz, Emi says she spent a lot of time delving into the history and uses of elements in different cultures... The writers wanted the Attunements to feel linked to the classical elements, but to also have their own unique spin.
- So they spent a couple brainstorms figuring out the quiz answers and how they related to their elements.
- In the end, they tried to create a quiz that players could answer honestly, without necessarily guessing which answer is linked to which Attunement.
- When asked in the interview if they had any tips for players as they embark on their Penderghast adventure... Chelsa said that You'll have many opportunities to gain new spells throughout the book. So her tip is to try to learn them all. You'll never know what a situation will call for...
- Emi for her part said our Attunement will play a role in how you use magick and how you react to the events of the story! So she recommends playing to your strengths.
- Maya was more sinister when she warned the player to watch their backs... Danger lurks in the shadows.
- In a premium scene of Chapter 3, there is a reference to the Endless Summer series: Your Character asks Professor Kontos if they are going to learn a spell to "keep the sun from setting and create an endless summer". He answers that "all summers must end".
- In Chapter 4, it is revealed that blood is the 9th type of elemental magick, but it is the rarest of all the attunements and forbidden to practice after the actions of Raife Highmore, a nefarious criminal in the Magickal world known as The Dread.
- On November 9, 2018 it was revealed that there is another bug in the book if you are playing chapter 1. PB put out a PSA saying they are working to fix the issue ASAP. 
- It was officially fixed as of November 10, 2018 but in order for the bug to go away, Players have to re-start the book again. 
- In Chapter 7, you search a book and find images of Kraken from The Crown & The Flame, Dopey Cat by Mark Collins from LoveHacks and Redfield from It Lives In The Woods.
- If you ask about Redfield, Your Character will mention that there is some resemblance with the Shadow Monster. Beckett replies that "this monster only appears sporadically, and has only ever been seen on the West Coast."
- On December 10, 2018 PB celebrated the new update, the launch of The Heist: Monaco and the December birthdays.
- On December 13, 2018 PB released a sneak peek for Chapter 9. 
- Atlas and Your Character being revealed to be identical twin siblings separated at birth and with magickal powers connecting the two of you to the sun and the moon in Chapter 10, seems to be paying homage to the 2005 Disney Channel original movie Twitches .
- The titles for Chapter 11: Double Double and Chapter 12: Toil and Trouble are taken from the quote said by the three witches in Act 4 Scene 1 from the Shakespearean tragedy Macbeth that goes: Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and cauldron bubble. 
- When asked by our own Fearless Diva which character she related to, Chelsa answered on January 4, 2019 that it's: Atlas hands down 👏🏽 mostly because I’m fashion forward, slightly unpleasant, and will fight anyone at anytime. 
- On January 9, 2019 PB answered our own Fearless Diva that Chapter 13 will be coming out on Friday January 11, 2019 and that no news is good news. 
- On January 11, 2019 Chelsa revealed that Chapter 13 features one of her favorite backgrounds in the whole book, but to see it, we have to spend time with Aster. 
- ↑ http://www.pixelberrystudios.com/blog/2018/9/7/looking-back-on-the-royal-romance
- ↑ http://www.pixelberrystudios.com/blog/2018/9/13/the-senior
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1050547413545451520
- ↑ https://twitter.com/slagerinn/status/1044295524168359938
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1044659748262436864
- ↑ https://twitter.com/JohnsonSilvius/status/1044660036331610112
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1048372302100881408
- ↑ http://www.pixelberrystudios.com/blog/2018/10/8/high-school-story-class-act
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1050158169660387329
- ↑ http://www.pixelberrystudios.com/blog/2018/10/10/it-lives-beneath
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1050888102720335872
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1051940997939122177
- ↑ https://www.instagram.com/p/BpAhYcxBPYQ/?hl=en&taken-by=choicesgame
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1052655227214548992
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1053059355765919744
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1053388999065141248
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1053437076400533504
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1054508920419405824
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1055170151346135040
- ↑ https://twitter.com/slagerinn/status/1055227411363557378
- ↑ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sops77UKn4g
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1055563392302206976
- ↑ http://www.pixelberrystudios.com/blog/2018/10/26/the-elementalists
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1061121908295364613
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1061398198378328064
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1072250298037489666
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1073342712294850560
- ↑ https://www.sparknotes.com/nofear/shakespeare/macbeth/page_130/
- ↑ https://twitter.com/slagerinn/status/1081369851480821765
- ↑ https://twitter.com/PlayChoices/status/1083234443051991042
- ↑ https://twitter.com/slagerinn/status/1083806531588521984