"You think I got to where I am today by being soft?"
-- Silas to Grayson Prescott about business management "Book 1, Chapter 1"
Silas Prescott, a character in the Hero series. Not only is he the story's main antagonist, but he is also the founder of Prescott Industries. He is first seen in Book 1, Chapter 1.
Silas has blue eyes, brown hair and beard and fair skin. He wears a suit with different shades of gray for the tie, the jacket and the button-down, and a black vest underneath the jacket.
He comes off as a humanitarian businessman but is secretly a manipulative criminal, as shown when he meets with Shrapnel in Northbridge Prison. Rochelle believes that he is very dangerous and advises her son/daughter to stay far away from him. Because of this, he is similar to Everett Rourke from the "Endless Summer" series.
He is extremely manipulative, as he tricked Hazel into creating a serum that would give an individual temporary superpowers rather than touching the Prism Crystal.
He is shown to be very powerful hungry and wants to rule Northbridge with an iron fist. His master plan is to attack the Mayor's speech regarding superhuman criminals and reveal his super-powered army.
Silas is Grayson's father. It is mentioned that they were very close when Grayson was a child. After Helena Prescott died, Silas became cold and distant from his son.
Helena was Silas' wife. He was extremely devoted to her and was devastated after she died. According to Rochelle, this was the event that caused him to become obsessed with the Prism Crystal.
Silas visits Shrapnel in prison at the end of Book 1, Chapter 4 and makes him an offer. Given that Shrapnel kidnaps Caleb at the end of Chapter 7 and mentions big plans, it is possible he is working for Silas as a Superpowered Henchman. This is confirmed when Shrapnel attempts to help Silas take over Northbridge.
Silas is Your Character's boss and is the mastermind of creating Northbridge's super-powered criminals. He is aware of your Superhero identity. You apparently always viewed him as shady, calling him a "megalomaniacal power obsessed creep". They primarily battle each other in the Book 1 Finale, resulting in Your Character flying Silas into space before he explodes in order to save the lives of thousands of innocent civilians.
Super-Strength/durability: Silas is shown to hit harder than the average person and can take several hits from another individual with Super-Strength without losing consciousness.
Levitation: Silas was able to lift himself off the ground.
Telekinesis: He yanked Police Officer's weapons away from them and disassembled them without having to physically move.
- He bears a striking resemblance to Lionel Luthor (John Glover) in Smallville, and is loosely based on him.
- He also bears a resemblance to actor Clancy Brown, who played supervillain CEO Lex Luthor in Superman the Animated Series.
- He is referenced in Endless Summer, Book 2, Chapter 9, where it is implied that he and Everett Rourke are rivals. In Hero, Vol. 1 Chapter 14, it is revealed that the two of them are actually friends.
- His reliance on Liquid Prism is similar to how Bane, an enemy of Batman, relies on a super-steroid called Venom.
- His crimes include aiding and abetting known criminals, terrorism, and attempted genocide.
- He shares several similarities with Everett Rourke: They are both billionaires, they are both criminal masterminds, both have a son that is/was angry at them, and they both have a deceased wife.