Ryan has short, brown hair, light skin and blue eyes. He wears a black tuxedo with a white shirt and black bow-tie.
Among Hollywood's elite, Ryan is suave and charming. He doesn't hesitate to pay compliments to women he finds attractive.
Ryan and Dave are good friends. From time to time they meet up to catch up over drinks and a game of cards. Additionally, as a result of Dave's position and connections, he has assisted Ryan with a number of small issues in the past.
Ryan finds Sam attractive.
Four years ago at a wrap party, he became too intoxicated and spent the night with one of the catering staff, resulting in her getting pregnant. Knowing from experience that growing up in the spotlight is no pleasant experience for a child, he has kept his family on the down low and away from Los Angeles. Once a month, he goes in secret to Venice Beach to visit his son.
Cassandra has played co-star with Ryan on a number of occasions. Paired with the fact that she is childhood friends with Dave, they have developed a friendship.
- Ryan makes cameo appearances in The Freshman, Book 3 - Chapter 13, Rules of Engagement, Book 2 - Chapter 11, Rules of Engagement, Book 3 - Chapter 7, Red Carpet Diaries, Book 1 - Chapter 9 & Chapter 16, and The Sophomore, Book 2 Chapter 13 on screen.
- The scene where he and Cassandra on screen for James' movie seems to be paying homage to a scene featuring the characters of Rhett Butler and Scarlett O'Hara from the 1939 American epic historical romance film, Gone with the Wind
- Ryan's design is slightly retooled and used as Your Character's Dad in High School Story, Book 1.
- In The Freshman: Snowed In, Chapter 1, Ryan's name is a default name when playing the word game.
- In The Junior, Book 1, Chapter 1, Abbie mentioned that Ryan is an Alpha alumnus.