Fox has bright purple eyes and blue fur that is white on his ears, tail, and stomach, with darker blue spots on his face, arms, body, and tail.
Fox scampers behind Your Character for protection when the saber-toothed tiger attacks. He seems sad if the tiger wounds you. Quinn guesses that he likes him/her, which is shown to be true as he remains by your side the most and follows any and every demand you give him. They have a classic owner/pet relationship.
They part ways on a positive note in Book 2, Chapter 12.
Fox scares off the sabertooth by using its frost powers.
The Yeti tries to care for the Fox the way a parent would care for a child. However, your group and the Fox originally misinterprets her attempts to protect him as trying to hurt him. Varyyn theorizes that the Yeti was trying to prepare the Fox to be the new Mountain Guardian.
- He is shown on the cover of Endless Summer, Book 1, but with purple fur. He is again shown on the cover of Endless Summer, Book 2 appearing more like he does in the story.
- He has shown to understand human speech as he easily obeys every order your character gives him and reacts whenever someone talks to him.
- Despite the fact that he parted ways with the group in the finale of Book 2, the character's popularity among both the creative team and the fandom means he'll probably show up in the future.
- Although Aleister suggests naming him "Kelvin" after the degree of temperature, he will wind up naming the fox "Furball" if you actually leave it to him. If you like Aleister's original suggestion, you'll have to pay for naming rights yourself (Aleister won't notice if you took his suggestion anyway).
- On February 16, 2018 Pixelberry shared that the song, Somersault by Decoder Ring served as character inspiration.