Bartender, a character in the Rules of Engagement series, is a bartender aboard the cruise and also one of the suitors for Main Character. His suggested name is "Dean" but the player can choose a name for him. He is first seen in Book 1, Chapter 1.
Bartender has shaggy, long, brown hair, gray green eyes and light skin. Usually, he wears a maroon, short sleeve, button down shirt. He has a tattoo of a raven on his left upper arm that is partially covered by the sleeve of his shirt.
Bartender used to move around a lot as his father was in the military. He later joined the Navy SEALS. He likes to go to things others would find odd, such as a 1920s-themed bar event.
Main Character (Katie)
Bartender first meets Main Character when he serves her a drink while she gets on the cruise. They eventually share drinks on the deck and get to know each other. When the young lady is down and has doubts about herself, Bartender is able to build her up and make her feel better. After they share a long, wonderful evening together and Bartender punches Ex-Fiance for harassing his companion, the player finds out that Bartender is deeply in love with Main Character. He gives her a kiss and begs her not to go back to Ex-Fiance.
Cousin claims that she and the Bartender have an understanding, implying that he will attempt to make the main character fail her inheritance task. This later turns out to be false.
Elsie is Bartender's younger sister.
- Bartender makes a cameo appearance in LoveHacks, Book 1, Chapter 7.
- He resembles actor Jared Padalecki.
- He got his tattoo as a tribute to his friend Jon, who died in battle.
- His wedding gift to the Main Character is a commemorative tattoo of a compass. Main Character gives him a heartfelt letter as her gift.
- He bears a close resemblance to Drake Walker from The Royal Romance series.